SMG4: War of the Simps is the forty-fourth episode of Season 10 and the five hundred and ninety-ninth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on November 14, 2020.
A story of some gentlemen simping very hard.
The episode begins with Fishy Boopkins and Whimpu decided to take all stakes to become the best simp for popular VTuber Inugami Korone, going so far as to waste all of their money to donate to her. Soon, this escalated to an all-out war between the two in Mushroom City. Fortunately, their squabble was stopped by Saiko, whose sandwich was knocked away by Boopkins building Korone statues. Trying to convince them out of their behavior of being simps, she took them to what is believed to be Korone's mansion in New Exton.
Entering the mansion, the three stumbled across a man, Nathaniel Bandy, who controls Korone. Seeing that Whimpu and Boopkins are fans of her, he decided to take them on a tour of his waifu factory, immediately intriguing the two simps of the world of waifus. Seeing Akai Haato (or Haachama), Whimpu attempted to hug her, only to realize that she, along with the rest of the VTubers, are holograms. As Bandy was about to give them a boat tour, Mario, all of a sudden, appeared floating on the Waifu Water, who told them he was granted permission to enter the factory because he won a golden ticket. As Mario was forbidden to swim in the water, Bandy called out the Waifu-Lifus to remove him, with the latter eventually sucked into a pipe.
Bandy took his guests on a boat ride to the waifu maker room, where all waifus are made. After Bandy demonstrated the machine, Whimpu and Boopkins decided to give it a try. However, their desperation and incompetence caused the waifu maker to break and make too many waifus. The waifus, upon recognizing the two as simps, became rogue creations and tried to annihilate them, forcing Bandy and the gang to retreat to the boat. On the boat, Saiko attempted to defeat the waifus, but became exhausted as there were too many of them. As the defeated waifus were sucked into the pipe, an overload caused it to burst, releasing a naked Mario, who Saiko used to scare the waifus off; perverts are apparently their weaknesses. As the last batch of waifus were defeated, Bandy drove the boat off.
As they cruise back to the exit, Saiko, who thought the two learned their lessons on their behavior, became disappointed as Boopkins and Whimpu did not change, apparently wanting to keep on simping to 2D girls only. Suddenly, Bandy realized that he left his assistant Beeg Jon behind, who apparently was captured and burnt alive by the waifus, but looked unfazed.
- Nathaniel Bandy
- larry (Possibly Larry the Cucumber)
- bingus (possibly either Bingus or Big Chungus)
- Jub jub
- Frank Sinatra
- Ryan Gosling
- The Anime Arc: Boopkins mentions how there was an entire arc about creating the characters comes back to life.
- One of Waifu-Lifus drowned after Nathaniel Bandy kicked her out of the boat.
- Whimpu's and Boopkins's creations got melted by the naked Mario.
- Beeg Jon got burnt by the rogue waifus creations after Bandy forgot him.
|"I have absolutely no idea what's going on."|
- Like the preceding episode, it aired at 10 AM Pacific Time instead of 9 AM Pacific Time.
- Bandy's appearance in this video was foreshadowed in his video, How Meta Runner TRIGGERS You!, when, at the end of that video, the text Nathaniel Bandy x SMG4 with the text November 14, 2020 (which is the release of this blooper).
- According to the Hobo Bros video "Reacting To Melony Memes" it was revealed that Melony's human form was supposed to make it's debut in this video by being one of the girls created by the waifu making machine. However, the model wasn't yet finished so they had Melony appear in a cameo.
- This is the second episode written by Robyn Barry-Cotter, Theo's voice actor.
- This is Toad's first speaking appearance since SMG4: SMG4 🅴🆇🅿🅰🅽🅳🆂 His Brain, however as appearence it’s just a cameo.
- The name is a spin-off based on it's name of the series: War of the Fat Italians.
- This marks the first appearance of Melony since SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020.
- In the Hobo Bros video "Reacting To Melony Memes" they revealed that this episode was originally planned to make the debut of Melony's human form. She was meant to fall in the "waifu maker" that would have created her human form.
- Being based on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, this would have make:
- Bandy as Willy Wonka
- Boopkins and Whimpu as Charlie Bucket/Mike Teavee
- Saiko as Veruca Salt/Violet Beauregarde
- Mario as Augustus Gloop
- The Waifu-Lifus as the Oompa-Loompas
- Despite having a major presence of the thumbnail again, Mario has another significantly minor role in this episode. This episode focuses on Whimpu and Fishy Boopkins than on Mario.
- When Boopkins is worried about Whimpu donating more than him (20$), but the donating bar in the stream shows that Boopkins donated the 50$.
- Boopkins and Whimpu’s lightsabers are green and purple at first. However when they start fighting they are now blue and red.
- The episode is based on the concept of Virtual YouTubers, who are entertainers who mainly uses an avatar, usually anime-like, and partly on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by British author Roald Dahl.
- Additionally, this episode was released hours after a Trash Taste podcast episode with Mori Calliope, a VTuber who is affiliated with Hololive English, was interviewed by the show's hosts, Gigguk, CDawgVA and The Anime Man.
- Fifty Shades of Grey: Fifty Shades of Toad, the novel that Monika read, is a parody of this British novel by E.L. James.
- Arthur: In the thumbnail, Mario shows a SIMP CARD, which is a reference to Arthur holding a SIMP CARD, which was a meme.