SMG4: Wario Tries To Stop Himself From Dying is the thirteenth episode of Season 10 and the five hundred and sixty-sixth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on April 11, 2020.
Wario accidentally dies. Again, and again, and again.
Why do I hear boss music?!
|—Wario before being run over by Mario's taxi.|
At the Wario Bros. Residence (which consists of just a bed, a toilet, and some mere necessities near a roadside dumpster in New Exton), Wario wakes up to start his day, and is greeted by the sight of Fishy Boopkins stuck in a tree, calling for help, with Duck Hunt dog barking up at him. Annoyed, Wario throws his alarm clock at Fishy, knocking him out of the tree and letting Duck Hunt dog attack Fishy, to which Wario laughs. He then witnesses Old Man Walker being lifted away by Pierce, to which he also laughs. Just then, Waluigi calls out for Wario's help to remove something from their toilet. Wario refuses and slowly walks away, while an unknown creature grabs Waluigi with a tentacle and strangles him. As if by karma however, Wario ends up being hit by a truck as he's driving along.
Suddenly, he wakes up in bed, thinking it was just a dream. However, he sees that the day he "dreamed" about has repeated itself, again watching Duck Hunt dog bark at Fishy, Old Man Walker being carried away by Pierce, and Waluigi asking for Wario's help unclogging the toilet. Utterly confused, Wario goes on his way, this time avoiding the truck by walking. However, he ends up walking under a piano a Koopa Troopa and a Goomba were trying to pull up. However, because the Goomba had no hands at the start, the Koopa Troopa drops the piano onto the unsuspecting Wario, crushing him to death.
Wario wakes up yet again, thinking it was another dream, but he sees that the day has repeated itself a second time. Like before, Waluigi runs up to Wario, telling him that the toilet's clogged and he needs his help. Wario, however, interrupts Waluigi and asks him if he's ever died and lived the same day over and over, much to Waluigi's confusion. Annoyed, Wario leaves Waluigi and goes about his day. He realizes that he's trapped in an endless cycle of life and death, and takes extra precautions to prevent himself from dying. This time, he avoids both previous deaths but ends up dying from a Bob-omb that explodes right in front of him. Waking up a third time, Wario decides to stay in bed to avoid the many deaths his dream gave him. The creature stuck inside the Wario Bros.' toilet is revealed to be a Xenomorph, which devours Wario upon exiting said toilet.
Tired of this cycle, Wario decides to try his best to have a normal life, not caring if he keeps dying believing it will eventually the time loop will subside. Much to his chagrin, all of his attempts failed miserably as he dies in the following:
- Decimated by a nuclear blast while eating a pot of curry at an Atomic Bomb Testing Site in Francisco Fajardo.
- Killed by his laptop crushing his foot while attending class.
- Choked himself to death while trying to eat a whole pizza in one sitting.
- Sucked into a tornado while driving on a bridge.
- Tried to steal the content inside Peach's Castle, but accidentally falls down a staircase, dying.
- Accidentally flushed himself, quite literally, out a plane's toilet, and presumably falls into the ocean and drowned.
- Ran over by Mario driving a taxi with Luigi after wondering why he heard the Coconut Mall theme while he was reading a Playboy magazine.
- Accidentally impales himself on Mace Windu's lightsaber, who was trying to arrest him after Wario accidentally kills Yoda.
Eventually, Wario realizes that as he was stuck in a loop, he cannot die, and decides to take advantage of it. He goes on a rampage across New Exton and the Central District firing rockets, stealing a car from Toadsworth, and even stealing from the banks, ending up in a police chase. He manages to avoid a rocket shot by RMKP and stops when he is on top of a tall building. However, he ends up falling to his death as the Royal Mushroom Kingdom Air Force overpowered him by surrounding him with helicopters.
Frustrated that none of his efforts succeed, Wario decides to fight for survival. He starts by engaging the Xenomorph clogging the toilet, killing it with a good kick to its groin. Suddenly, three Bob-ombs walk in front of Wario and attempt to blow up, but Wario knocks them away before they can do so. Just then, Mario appears, asking Wario for something, but upon being decapitated by Wario, decides to come back later. Wario is then greeted by Hank Hill running towards him yelling, but he kills him by throwing the pot he used as a helmet. Wario then stops a plane that was about to hit Waluigi and is greeted by Lightning McQueen racing towards him, though McQueen ends up slipping on a gnome Wario threw in McQueen's way. Suddenly, Wario finds himself surrounded by a zombie horde. Undeterred, he manages to fend them off until midnight, when the zombies disappear. After realizing he survived, he passes out from exhaustion.
Wario wakes up the next day, and to his surprise and relief, time has advanced to the next day. As Wario celebrates, however, Death himself appears, annoyed that Wario survived his curse of eternal death. When Wario asks why, Death reveals that it was because Wario took the last scoop of chocolate mint swirl. Surprised by this stupid and trivial reason, Wario bursts into laughter over Death's anger and prepares to tell everyone about it on social media. Humiliated, Death runs off crying, with the camera irising in on him as he moves farther away.
After that, a brief message says that "ice cream is bad for you".
- Duck Hunt Dog
- Old Man Walker
- Koopa Troopa
- Big Smoke
- John Cena
- Johnny Silverhand
- Don Resetti
- Mace Windu
- Barack Obama
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Dr. Eggman
- Hal Monitor
- Phoenix Wright
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Hank Hill
- Lightning McQueen
- Magical Gnome
- Sun Baby
- Waluigi's Rubber Ducky
- Monty Mole
- Xenomorph is killed by Wario hitting its crotch.
- Some zombies got shot by Wario.
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 4:30 - 3DS Mii Maker
- 5:43 - Coconut Mall; Mario Kart Wii
- 6:31 - Main Theme; GTA: San Andreas
- The episode is based on the "Wario Dies" meme, which became popular through Youtube in 2019. The meme, as its name suggests, involves Wario dying in ridiculous situations.
- This is the 10th blooper to make chaos out of a mundane task, after SMG4: Mario waits for pizza, SMG4: Mario Goes to the Fridge to Get a Glass Of Milk, SMG4: Mario Gets Stuck On An Island, SMG4: Mario Does The Chores, SMG4: Mario Waits in Line For Some Spaghetti, SMG4: Mario Gets His PINGAS Stuck In The Door, SMG4: Bowser Loses Custody Of His Children, SMG4: Mario Commits Tax Fraud, and SMG4: Mario Runs Out Of Toilet Paper.
- This is Wario's first major role in Season 10.
- This is Waluigi and Toadsworth's first appearance in Season 10, and their first appearance overall since SMG4 Christmas 2019: Mario Alone.
- This is one of the few episodes with Wario as the protagonist which isn't part of The Wacky Wario Bros..
- Happy Death Day: This blooper is similar to the plot of this film, involving the protagonist getting stuck in a time loop which repeats whenever he/she dies. Wario is also partially able to avert his upcoming future death by helping Waluigi, similar to the protagonist able to figure out who the killer is by being friendlier.
- Groundhog Day: Similar to the aforementioned film, this film is similar to the events of this movie, involving the protagonist getting stuck in a time loop. The only way for Wario to break out of the loop is to find the exact choices he needs to make.
- South Park: The ways Wario dies might also be a reference to Kenny McCormick, a character who (as part of an infrequent running gag) would often die in a comically gruesome and ridiculous fashion before inexplicably returning alive and well in the next episode.
- Alien: The Wario Bros.' toilet is clogged with a Xenomorph.
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith: Wario fighting Mace Windu is a parody of the scene where Palpatine fights Mace Windu and three other Jedi Masters. The only difference is that Wario (in the role of Palpatine) dies instead of the Jedi.
- Wario dies: This whole episode is very likely a reference to the popular "Wario dies" meme which involve Wario dying due to regular real-life situations.