SMG4 Shorts: Meggy Learns Japanese is the forty-ninth episode of Season 10 and the six-hundred and fourth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on December 16, 2020.
Meggy, willing to learn Japanese, gets Saiko to teach her. However, her American voice was making her mispronounce a sentence, making Saiko to teach her a few words. Still, when Meggy tried to learn the last one, she gave up.
Then, Dr. Kawashima appeared to try to teach Meggy, but when she was horrified by his coming, she threw objects at him until he went away.Fishy Boopkins tried to teach Meggy Japanese by making her watch the anime Waifu Street, but did not work due to Meggy's hatred of anime.
When Meggy tried learning Japanese by herself, she failed relentlessly. As she gave up, Mario came in to her classroom to offer her to learn Italian instead of Japanese. Although Saiko told that Mario's Italian is gibberish, which isn't Italian (and Mario condemning her as a racist because she does not know the language), Meggy soon got a hang of it. Enjoyed, Mario and Meggy head off, much to the chagrin of Saiko.
- SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020: Meggy still has her new human voice after SMG3's accidental attack on Meggy.
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 1:52 - Sonic Mania - Studiopolis Zone Act 1
- This is the first short video since Super Mario 64 Shorts: Toad has a secret four years prior to be uploaded on the main channel rather than TheAwesomeMario. As a result, it is also the first short to be part of the main SMG4 series since then, and the first video since SM64 Bloopers: SECRET LIFE OF GOOMBAS to be uploaded on a day other than Saturday.
- This is also the first to be uploaded to the SMG4 channel to be labeled under "SMG4 Shorts" rather than "Super Mario 64 Shorts".
- This is the first episode of the series in which Kevin Lerdwichagul had no involvement in the writing since ♫ The Ultimate Smash Bros ♫ in 2017, though he does provide the voice for Fishy Boopkins in this episode.
- This is the first episode of the series in which James Bailey had no involvement in the editing since SMG4: Mario Gets Stuck On An Island.
- This is the sixth video of Season 10 to not have a video description, after SMG4: Lord Of The Memes, SMG4 Movie: Meggy's Destiny, SMG4: The E G G, SMG4: The Totally Legit Learning Show With SMG4 and SMG4: 🌽🌽🌽🌽𝓒𝓸𝓻𝓷🌽🌽🌽🌽.
- Saiko is voiced by Elsie Lovelock, known for Evelyn Claythorne and Bo in Meta Runner, in this short.
- The reading of the word "閄", monokagekarakyuunitobidashitehitowoodorokaserutokinihassurukoe, means "a sound made when jumping out of the shadows to surprise someone". It is also an actual reading of the word, and is one of the longest in the Japanese language.