|"I have absolutely no idea what's going on."|
Santa Claus, also known as Saint Nicholas, Saint Nick, Kris Kringle, Father Christmas, or simply Santa (Santy in Hiberno-English), is a legendary figure originating in Western Christian culture who is said to bring gifts to the homes of well-behaved ("good" or "nice") children on Christmas Eve (24 December) and the early morning hours of Christmas Day (25 December).
The modern Santa Claus grew out of traditions surrounding the historical Saint Nicholas (a fourth-century Greek bishop and gift-giver of Myra), the British figure of Father Christmas and the Dutch figure of Sinterklaas (himself also based on Saint Nicholas). Some maintain Santa Claus also absorbed elements of the Germanic god Wodan, who was associated with the pagan midwinter event of Yule and led the Wild Hunt, a ghostly procession through the sky.
Santa Claus is generally depicted as a portly, joyous, white-bearded man—sometimes with spectacles—wearing a red coat with white fur collar and cuffs, white-fur-cuffed red trousers, and black leather belt and boots and who carries a bag full of gifts for children. This image became popular in the United States and Canada in the 19th century due to the significant influence of the 1823 poem "A Visit from St. Nicholas" and of caricaturist and political cartoonist Thomas Nast.
Santa Claus is said to make lists of children throughout the world, categorizing them according to their behavior ("good" and "bad", or "naughty" and "nice") and to deliver presents, including toys, and candy to all of the well-behaved children in the world, and coal to all the misbehaved children, on the single night of Christmas Eve. He accomplishes this feat with the aid of his elves, who make the toys in his workshop at the North Pole, and his flying reindeer, who pull his sleigh. He is commonly portrayed as living at the North Pole and saying "ho ho ho" often.
In his debut he appears as a Mario Recolor with white overalls, a white mustache, red bots, and a red Mario hat. In SM64: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 0 - Release the Retardness! he appears to be a mix of his current appearance and his Mario appearance he also looks like this in the SM64 halloween 2015: The 2Spooky story. However he nowadays looks like what we think of when we see Santa.
In SMG4 his personality differs each years whether he acts like his real life counterpart or a rude version it varies in the recent Christmas special. He made Swagmaster6969696969 mad by putting him on the naughty list and as a result he tries to kill him and then was given JubJub Boopkins's letter that Jub Jub wanted to give him so badly
- Super Mario 64 Christmas Special 2011
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Thugger Hugger /
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Plumber Academy for Idiots
- Super Mario 64 Christmas Thing 2012
- SM64 halloween 2015: The 2Spooky story
- SM64 Christmas 2015 - Christmas Crazies
- SM64: Retarded Recap 2015
- Super Mario Christmas 2016: Naughty or Nice
- SMG4: The Movie Audition
- SMG4 Christmas 2017: The XMAS Discovery
- SMG4: Mario And The T-Pose Virus
- SMG4 Christmas 2018: The Most Important Thing
- SMG4 Christmas 2019: Mario Alone
- SMG4 Christmas Special 2020
- SMG4 2020 COLLAB SPECIAL
- SMG4: The Other Universe
- Mario Plays: Friday Night Funkin
- SMG4 Christmas Special 2021
- In SMG4's videos he was voiced by Garrett Menshew and now currently voice by Luke Lerdwichagul.
- He is one of the parent of DP911 in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Thugger Hugger.
- While he has been shown to exist in most videos, he didn't exist in SM64 Christmas 2014: The Bowser That Stole Christmas..
- Bob has dressed up as him in SMG4: Mario and the Bob Mansion..., SMG4 Christmas 2018: The Most Important Thing, and SMG4 Christmas Special 2020.
- Wario and Waluigi have stolen his sleigh to use as a getaway vehicle, due to its incredibly fast speeds.
- While he debuted as a Mario recolor, most of his appearances were as a Gmod model.