The name's Shroomy. Shroomy the Mushroom!
|—Shroomy, The Mario Channel: MARIO'S CHALLENGE|
Shroomy the Mushroom is a modern major character in the SMG4 series.
He is a former resident of the Luncheon Kingdom and is once crazy demon hunter mushroom until one day in his birthday, Golden Freddy bit his right head which turned him into a brilliant boy scout mushroom. He first appeared in The Mario Channel: MARIO'S CHALLENGE. He appears at the end of the video, where he is the first one to enter the elevator, reach the roof and defeat Mario, being the winner of Mario's challenge. Since then, he has appeared in other videos such as SMG4: Mario The Boy Scout, as the highest achieving member of the boy scouts.
Since then, he's been appearing in many other adventures along with SMG4's Gang, to the point around Season 9 where he was the de facto replacement for Toad. Like Chris Gordman and Swagmaster6969696969, he appeared more often around late 2019.
Due to his mental disorder as a demon hunter, he had joined the Anti-Cast, in SMG4: Mario VS Youtube becoming one of the seven former secondary antagonists of the YouTube Arc. This form is known as Anti-Shroomy.
Usually, Shroomy is an optimistic and positive guy who speaks with a Southern accent and seems to enjoy crafting rocket launchers. Whenever he is about to fight someone, he always uses his trusty rocket launcher as self-defense. He also enjoys winning and mostly celebrates his victory by dancing. He very rarely gets angry or sad.
He is shown to be fond of Professor E. Gadd, who while technically not responsible for creating him, was responsible for turning him into a robot.
He is bad at insulting, as shown as he can only come up with a generic, half-hearted insult at Saiko Bichitaru before coming up with a more emotionally-triggering one.
He had a crush on Po (despite her being usually portrayed as being psychopathic); however he was incapable of confessing it to her, which shows him being shy and insecure.
It is shown in SMG4: Mario School Club that he takes hunting incredibly seriously and becomes incredibly hostile when doing so.
However, he does have a limit to his cheerfulness and temper. As shown in SMG4: The Totally Legit Learning Show With SMG4, he can be angered. He shot Bob Bobowski with a bazooka due to the Garo acting foolishly (saying the wrong b-word every time).
SMG4: War On Beeg SMG4 reveals that Shroomy used to be a demon hunter before becoming a boy scout. Whenever he switches to his Anti-side, he becomes ruthless and bloodthirsty, and will focus any demon he sees until said demon is slain. As shown in SMG4: The Demon Among Us, this also causes him to attack anything that looks like a demon in his eyes, including props such as masks and creatures like Bowser. He also has a dictatorial personality, forcing his scouts to carry out commands. SMG3 used this disorder to his advantage to get Shroomy to join his gang.
It can be assumed that even after being transformed into the Shroominator, he still has these abilities:
- Crafting: Due to his years of experience as a Boy Scout, Shroomy is capable of crafting multiple objects that would be normally difficult to near impossible for a person to build in a matter of seconds. Such objects range from a rocket launcher to a camouflage tent to even a giant, wooden catapult. It is shown in the SMG4 2020 COLLAB SPECIAL that he can craft a tank by simply poking a rock with a stick. The episode isn't canon, so Shroomy might not be able to do this.
- Sharpshooting: Shroomy is a surprisingly skilled sharpshooter. In SMG4: Wild, Wild Mario, he displays an impressive level of accuracy with a slingshot and also lands five bulls-eyes in a row in a game of darts. This, however, leads a cowboy (who thought that Shroomy cheated) to threaten Shroomy and start up a fight at the saloon. In SMG4: Mario School Club, it is shown that his sharpshooting surpasses even Meggy Spletzer's sharpshooting as he takes shooting and hunting more seriously than her.
- Anti-Shroomy: It is revealed in SMG4: War On Beeg SMG4 that prior to becoming a boy scout, Shroomy worked with Doomguy to fight demons. During this, Shroomy suffered a Dissociative Identity Disorder and went through a transformation that turns him into the polar opposite of himself, with his mushroom head turning blue and adopting exceptionally great combat skills from his experience with demons while having a much more aggressive and violent personality in a form known as Anti-Shroomy. Nowadays, the transformation occurs when Shroomy is in grave danger or he encounters a demon's presence. However, his Anti side was suppressed by Shroomy to keep him from harming his friends, although remnants of him still exist, awaiting for his return. The ability was abused by SMG3 to get Shroomy into joining his gang.
- Fire Resistance: As shown in SMG4: The Weegee Uprising, Shroomy started a fire to make a smoke signal, and ended up setting himself on fire. However, he was completely fine in the next scene.
- Head Removal: In the episode SMG4: Mario's Valentine Advice, Shroomy was decapitated by a troll during his attempt to kick it's butt. He was later shown to be completely unharmed by this, with his head reattached.
Shroomy has shown these abilities after his transformation into the Shroominator:
- Superhuman strength: He has defeated the Koopalings and Bowser Jr. easily (although whether by himself is debatable since he was under control by Tari at that time)
- Vehicle transformation: When he was done finishing the Koopalings and Bowser Jr., he has transformed into a rocket to return back to Professor E. Gadd.
- Flight: As shown in SMG4: The Melancholy of Fishy Boopkins, he can also fly in his regular cyborg form and at superhuman speeds too, as he took Fishy Boopkins around the world in a matter of seconds.
- Supersonic Speed: He can also activate his own supersonic speed, which is even more faster than his usual flight speed.
- Laser Eyes: From SMG4 Christmas 2018: The Most Important Thing, although Shroomy had returned to his original body, he still had some of his Shroominator powers within him, as he accidentally fired lasers from his eyes, causing a giant sign to fall down and crush Bowser.
- He is one of the best masters in Boy Scout camp considering he won many scout badges (300,679 to be exact).
- In SMG4: Stupid Mario Odyssey 2, it is revealed that Shroomy originally hails from the Luncheon Kingdom. He also supposedly has family living there (depending on whether or not Mario ate them).
- It is also revealed the reason he has part of his head bitten was because of Mario biting it while eating the citizens. However, this makes no sense unless SMG4: Stupid Mario Odyssey 2 took place before The Mario Channel: MARIO'S CHALLENGE, which would mean Mario would have expected Shroomy to show up at the roof, thus creating a timeline continuity error. However, it was shown in SMG4: Mario Babies that Golden Freddy bit it off.
- Like Fishy Boopkins, he is one of the characters who has a voice actor instead of speaking in subtitles and audio clips.
- However, instead of being voiced by Kevin like Fishy Boopkins, he is voiced by Luke Lerdwichagul. In most of the Hobo Amigos episodes, Luke intros the video in a high pitched voice that sounds uncannily like Shroomy.
- Shroomy seems to be very good at darts, as seen in SMG4: Wild, Wild Mario.
- He could be quite airheaded, as he eats the T-Pose Mushroom from Waluigi, without a second thought, as seen in SMG4: Mario And The T-Pose Virus.
- He is also the first victim of the first T-Pose apocalypse.
- A poll revealed that only 2% of fans voted for Shroomy as their favorite secondary character, the lowest number of 85,000 votes. (citation and poll link unavailable)
- Ironically he does not mind eating mushrooms despite the fact that he is one himself.
- In The Mario Channel: MARIO'S CHALLENGE, Nicolas Kaighen is credited as the creator of his model.
- His robot alias, the Shroominator, is a parody of The Terminator.
- He is the first character to undergo a physical change that lasts for more than one episode, from SMG4: War On Smash Bros Ultimate to SMG4 Christmas 2018: The Most Important Thing. However, he still has the ability to shoot lasers from his eyes, even though he has only used them once.
- His voice is similar to Mickey Mouse from the Disney franchise.
- Ironically, despite being an animate mushroom, Shroomy differs from Toad in several ways, such as his optimistic personality.
- When he becomes Anti-Shroomy, his face is similar to Dio Brando.
- Although he is supposed to be the scariest of all characters in his anti-personality, he seemed to be fearful of SMG3 due to his insulting rants, shown in SMG4: A Totally Normal S̷͍͖͉̙͚͎̑̃̿͑̆̇̚͠M̸͇͇̦̮̌̿Ğ̴̫̗̖͎͔̳4̶̞͇̰̎̀́̚ Episode. However, this could be attributed to the YouTube Remote and knowing what it can be used for.
- He is also afraid of Hal Monitor, seen in him reverting back to his normal personality when the latter pinned him down. This can be because Mr. Monitor would not stop at anything to defeat him, and would be useless if he was to fight him. It could also be attributed that Mr. Monitor is also stronger than him, in fact he is stronger than anyone.
- In SMG4: Mario's Valentine Advice, it is implied that he had a cat, but it is unknown if he still has one.
- Shroomy was the first completely original Gmod character in SMG4, Rocks might be the first completely original SMG4 character ever created.
- As revealed in SMG4: Mario Babies, his Anti-Shroomy personality used to be his dominant personality. He gained his normal Shroomy personality after being bitten by Golden Freddy.