|This is a featured article!
That means it's considered to be one of the best articles the SuperMarioGlitchy4 Wiki has to offer.
You think chickens is your ally. You merely adopted the chickens.
|—Steve to Meggy Spletzer in SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020|
Steve is a former major character in the SMG4 series.
He is a derpy former member of SMG4's Gang. Originating from the world of Minecraft, Steve is a farmer who currently resides in the Mushroom Kingdom, while being able to frequently visit his homeworld through a personal portal. He often acts as an anti-hero. Steve owns several farms around the kingdom and also has a massive love of chickens.
As revealed in SMG4: Mario Babies, Steve was able to travel from Minecraft to the SMG4 Universe possibly using a portal. At a mall, he was sucked by Baby Luigi's vacuum cleaner by his pingas, which made him believe he became gay.
He's usually friendly with the rest of the members of SMG4's Gang although insulting Minecraft in any way will result in getting on his bad side, such as in SMG4: Mario VS Steve. He served as a main character in earlier episodes but stopped appearing with the crew as of SMG4 Season 8. Steve went on to own many farms around the kingdom. He also started becoming obsessed with chickens.
In SMG4: The Mario Café, the customers at the Koopa Cafe have now formed a line, with Steve at the front, unable to decide what he wanted, while Toad napped and left a sign telling everyone to order themselves. Steve understood but mistakenly stole the register as the place was suddenly on fire.
Luigi then asked Steve to entertain the few customers who have not left. He agreed but not being prepared, did a mock barbershop dance, complete with hat and cane.
Steve got worn out and passed out (possibly dying) while Bob Bobowski was impatient and wanted Steve to dance faster.
In SMG4: Mario and the Waluigi Apocalypse, Steve was part of Waluigi's complete set of T-Pose Zombies, which also included Toad, Nintendofan997, Bob, Shy Guy, Princess Daisy, Donkey Kong and Princess Peach.
In SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2018, due to the Staff of Rejection being destroyed, all of the T-Pose Zombies returned to their normal states. As a result, Waluigi became even angrier as the rest of the SMG4 cast celebrated.
The battle was not over, though. Waluigi challenged everyone to a rap battle. During the rap battle, Mario and SMG4 said that since he gained power by rejection, he must be weakened by affection. Therefore, there had to be someone who still loved him, even though Waluigi believed it was impossible.
Suddenly, Wario joined in the rap and in it, he apologized to Waluigi for always being an asshole.
The whole cast watched SMG3 giving therapy to Wario and Waluigi, helping them reconcile, causing everyone to be happy. SMG4 was happy that everything turned out to be okay but Mario realized that the Mushroom Kingdom was still destroyed. Since nobody seemed interested in restoring the kingdom, Tari suggested playing some more video games, to which everyone all happily agreed to.
In SMG4: Mario And... The Well, a chaotic crowd were desperately trying to get Fishy Boopkins out of a well for 2 coins. Comeuppance was quick in the form of Steve, who destroyed the Wario Bros.'s crane and proceeded with his own plan: drink up the water in the well.
In SMG4: World War Mario, Steve was cuddling with a False Anime Creeper who, however, got blown up by Saiko Bichitaru's rocket launcher (The screen cut to black-and-white, a heartbroken Steve looked at the viewer and Mad World sung by Boopkins was heard).
Mario revisited Minecraft and with Steve they fought a witch. When the Minecraft Plague broke out in the Mushroom Kingdom, he helped Mario, Luigi and Meggy Spletzer create a weapon to turn everything back to normal. Steve eventually built a corn farm and created Rob the Scarecrow.
In SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020, Steve was in the 14th round of the war.
Round 14: Meggy Spletzer vs. Rob the Scarecrow - 1v1 Battle with Steve In Minecraft
Rob attempted to fight Steve by placing four iron blocks in a T-shape to form an Iron Golem with him as its head. To his surprise, Steve attacked from behind. Rob tried to remind Steve that he's like a son to him, but Steve claimed he has no son and knocked him down, finishing off the scarecrow through a couple of hits. Steve then took out a paper from his pocket, which was a rough sketch on how Meggy looks like. Meggy then emerged from the waters and shot some arrows at Steve as the latter dodged them. She grabbed a chicken, thinking that Steve couldn't hurt her if she had one of his favorite mobs at bay. However, Steve summoned an army of chickens and sent them after Meggy, defeating her in the process.
When Steve's chicken was killed, he went on a murderous rampage against the chicken's killers, which resulted in Master Hand to add him into Super Smash each other in the ass bros Ultimate. Steve, with the help of Mario, had to fight the whole Smash roster. When trying to help Mario put spaghetti in Smash, he was chased by FightingMario54321 for the murder of Banjo.
In SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special, SMG4 wanted to celebrate 10 years of the SMG4 channel, after various wacky hijinks gathering the guests - he made a party to celebrate and invited friends, memes, and even his enemies from the past and present.
In SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021, Steve was in one of the challenges.
Who can steal a chicken from Steve? (Bob vs Mario clone)
The Mario clone made a up a fake broadcast of chickens having a terrible disease. (Big ass disease) Unfortunately for the clone, Steve loved his chicken too much.
Bob tried distracting Steve by getting Alex stuck in a fence in hopes he could save her. Steve didn't care, though, then flew back to his room to check on his chicken and caught Bob after he threw his chicken through a Nether Portal while he (Bob) was impersonating the chicken. However, the chicken landed in lava, so Steve, ticked off, beat him up for what he did.
Steve is a human, cubic, and pixelated like the other characters in Minecraft. He has dark brown hair, dark skin, nose and mouth, and white eyes with blue-purplish pupils, with a light blue shirt (draping on the left-hand side), a pair of blue jeans, gray shoes, and 4px arms.
Steve is often derping around like crazy and prone to Creeper attacks in Minecraft. He likes humping things, such as pigs and other animals. He also likes chickens and tends to chase them. This is often attributed to his occupation as a farmer.
As revealed in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Super Mario Attorney, people have to always ask him a very exact question, or else he will answer with a general answer. As revealed in SMG4: Mario VS Steve, he hates people who claim Minecraft is a bad game, to the point where he fought Mario and won.
Despite his derping around, he rarely attacks others unless attacked first or a chicken gets hurt, sometimes causing Steve to turn into Herobrine, as shown in SMG4: Steve VS Smash Bros. Mario even says "Steve only really fights when someone hurts his chickens".
He seems to have grown more intelligent in later episodes of the SMG4 series, as he became better at building houses, running a farm, and even created Rob the Scarecrow. In SMG4: If Mario Was in... Minecraft, he showed concern for Mario when he started chasing after a Witch and ended up in a portal.
Steve seems to have experience in fighting, he is able to knock out Mario a couple of times in SMG4: Mario VS Steve and is able to use items that aren't usually used in combat. He was able to dodge TVs, spin Mario around by his legs and launch him to a pole, use Waluigi as a SWORD and he was also able to survive the "no air" thing in Space. When Mario pisses off Steve, Steve becomes enraged and turns Super Saiyan, he was also able to throw Mario throw tall structures and almost kills Mario.
- 16/64 block Inventory: Steve is able to carry a lot of blocks in his inventory, but he can only carry the same item up to 16/64 times per box.
- Ragemode: When a chicken is injured by someone else, Steve takes revenge with incredible strength.
- Captain Steve / Steveman: He can transform himself into a superhero and can fly like in creative mode and also has super strength.
- Assault: In SMG4: Mario VS Steve, he got in a fight with Mario because he said something negative about Minecraft.
- Property Damage: In SMG4: Mario VS Steve, Mario and Steve destroyed several parts of property and eventually Mushroom City during their fight (though the city's destruction was on the Angry Moon's part).
- Threatening: In SMG4: Mario Goes to the Fridge to Get a Glass Of Milk and SMG4: If Mario Was in... Minecraft, Steve threatened to kill a person unless they do something he wants (in the former, he threatened to shoot Toad if he tried to take his milk crate, and in the latter, he threatened to slit Mario's throat if he mentioned Roblox).
- Murder: He was wanted by FightingMario54321 for murdering Banjo.
- Attempted Assassination: On SM64 Bloopers: The Toadassass-ination, he (alongside Mario & Luigi) tried to assasinate Toad because Mario was sick and tired of him. He also did this in SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020, by reading a paper saying "kill teh gurl" depicting Meggy Spletzer on that paper.
- Steve's catchphrase, "Hi guys!", was taken from Bowser's Kingdom Episode 1 on Newgrounds, with the voice of Steve the Piranha Plant. And the sometimes-said phrase "Hiiii Steve..." is from the same video, with the voice of Hal the Koopa Troopa. However, in SM64: Meet the Steve, he said that his actual catchphrase was "Show me your genitals", which was also the song he sang to Rosalina.
- He only speaks through voice clips, without using subtitles. However, he spoke with subtitles in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Super Mario Attorney and SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021.
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Befriend the End is the only Minecraft-themed episode to not feature Steve.
- In the Ssenmodnar series, he appeared mostly in skits called "Moments with Steve". However, the third skit was the only one not to feature Steve.
- He had his own shop called Steve's Cooking Crap Shop :O in SM64: Cooking with Bowser and Mario!. It made a cameo appearance in SM64: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 7 (TOAST edition) as one of the easter eggs that could be seen in the SMG4 fan's room. In R64: Mario's Spageti Delivary, he had a store called "Steve's drug sales".
- Even though the Enderdragon is one of Steve's main enemies in the real Minecraft, they never interacted or fought with each other in the SMG4 series. Outside of when he was riding her in SMG4: Steve Fights Everyone.
- As revealed in R64: A Theatre Mario., Steve can't stand Super Mario Twilight, judging by his horrid screaming when forced to watch it with Princess Peach.
- Sometimes, a Steve playermodel is used in Garry's Mod. There, the character has curved arms and legs.
- In SMG4: Mario VS Steve, Steve showed that he could turn into Super Saiyan 3, which he then proceeded to kick Mario through concrete walls, repeatedly use strikes strong enough to fling Mario around in the air like a ragdoll, and finish it off with a strike that sent Mario into the ground with an explosive impact. Mario was still alive, even after he charged up and beamed down a Kamehameha.
- Apparently, he works part-time as a police officer, construction worker, and will occasionally become Captain Steve, a man who saves the world via his humping powers.
- According to Peach in SM64: Meet the Steve, he was an illegal Mexican immigrant that Mario brought into Peach's Castle.
- As revealed in R64: Mario's Road Trip, his parents are chickens. It’s unknown if they are his real parents or adoptive parents.
- As revealed by Nintendofan997 in SM64: War Of The Fat Italians 2016 (900k Special), Steve doesn’t have eyelids.
- According to a 2020 Q&A on Reddit and SMG4 talks about his favourite "SMG4 character", Steve is Luke Lerdwichagul's favorite character. This was further shown in a 2020 Hobo Bros video where Luke and Kevin Lerdwichagul read Steve's wiki page (this very wiki page).
- Steve's mainstream self was confirmed on October 1, 2020, as a playable DLC character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate after years of fan demand.
- Steve is considered to be one of the strongest characters in the SMG4 Universe, having taken down numerous enemies due to his erratic attack styles and insane reflexes.
- As revealed in SMG4: Mario Babies, Steve is much older than most of the members of SMG4's Gang, having been an adult while Luigi was a baby.