Sometimes I wish I had a gun.
Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Blooper Problems is the sixth episode to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on June 17, 2011.
Lakitu greets the viewers and informs them that they will discuss the process of making a blooper on the channel. He begins his explanation with the ideal that though making a blooper is fun, there are problems with it, and that he will only tell the audience a select few.
The first problem
The first problem is actually rather commonplace in that Mario accidentally bumps into things or does something off-track, Lakitu describing him as "clumsy and fat". Lakitu incldes examples of this with:
- Mario in Bob-omb Battlefield where he is casually skipping along the path to the bridge, and he ends up long jumping into the wall on the opposite end;
- Mario failing to aim correctly when jumping into the Tall, Tall Mountain, Toad laughing at his failure to jump into the painting correctly;
- Mario failing to aim at one of the stars in Cool, Cool Mountain from a cannon.
Lakitu remarks that Mario has to eat all of the failed film due to the sheer amount, and Lakitu asks where Mario is upon not having seen him yet. Unbeknownst to him, Mario crawls out from a tree behind him, and he moves onto the second problem as Mario returns back to his hiding spot.
The second problem
Lakitu also discusses that usually events generally don't go as planned, or get messed up. He includes examples such as:
- Mario getting caught and sucked down into an "airhole" (whirlpool) in Dire, Dire Docks;
- Finding invisible water when jumping off of the castle roof and into the front yard and then leading himself into the castle to find the interior not having loaded, the Wet-Dry World water being higher than even the painting jump, which Mario comments on as Atlantis, wondering if there are any mermaids, recognising it as where he met his creator, and then deciding to pee in the water
- Some code on the screen that reads "Codes by Yoshielectron", whom Mario wishes to meet so he can get a slimmer figure. Mario points out a bug on Lakitu's camera.
Lakitu confirms that there really was in fact a bug on his camera lens, and Lakitu's presentation is interrupted by Mario, who greets him with enthusiasm. Mario asks who Lakitu was talking to, and Lakitu tries to hide his discussion about Mario from him by saying that he is talking to himself. Mario argues against the claim as he saw Lakitu talk directly to the screen, and Mario proceeds to flirt with the girls in the audience, with Lakitu questioning his interest in Peach in return. Mario ignores him, and continues by asking what Lakitu is talking about, and he simply responds with "bloopers". Mario is reminded that he was going to eat a Blooper, and he leaves the scene.
The third problem
Relieved Mario is now gone, Lakitu continues with the third problem in that Mario and other characters forget their scripted lines. He includes examples such as:
- Mario asking where Peach is and the Toads giving the incorrect answers, such as "She's in another castle", "She's having a baby", and "She's not here right now, please leave a message after the beep";
- Mario being followed by a Boo in the backyard of the castle while he scat sings, who says incorrect threats such as "Get your heart and shove it down your throat", "Get your fat and feed them to my children", and "Make you listen to Justin Bieber music";
- Mario asking Toad a "What did the X say to the Y?" joke in the form of "What did the bear say to the orange bird?", and him remembering the punchline incorrectly as "The secret to S&S is...", "Secret level", and "Six eggs and a rice key".
Lakitu comments that he has no idea what Mario meant by the failed three punchlines. Mario approaches him again in a Lakitu costume identical to the actual Lakitu, which he apparently bought off a hobo. Lakitu tells Mario to leave, and Mario snarkily comments that Lakitu is talking to people who don't exist before obeying and leaving the scene to watch a YouTube video.
The fourth problem
Lakitu continues with the fourth problem in that Mario's stupidity warrants filming difficulties. He uses examples such as:
- Mario attempting to communicate with the stained glass imprint of Peach in one of the castle towers, telling it to give it a kiss and then remarking that Peach tastes like glass as he is oblivious to it being glass, but follows through anyway due to it being Peach;
- Mario trying to escape the Boo in the backyard with distractions, eventually ending up getting himself killed, and then complimenting its "kung fu" abilities as a ghost;
- Seeing the Mad Piano and wanting to keep it as a pet due to its entertaining qualities, such as its constant chomping, with Lakitu advising against it, inevitably biting his fingers off as well as killing him.
The fifth problem
Lakitu starts off by remarking that he has a serious hatred against this problem in particular in that it's when Mario goofs off and goes off-script. As Lakitu complains about Mario randomly deciding to dance in random locations, Mario pops out from behind a tree and starts running around, with Lakitu wishing to own a gun to discipline him. He sees the audience being distracted by something behind him, unbeknowst to him in that it's Mario goofing off, and continues that Mario likes to annoy everyone as well as the aforementioned, and then that Mario likes to go behind others to tease them while Mario does just that to Lakitu, and he ends with the statement that Mario just likes to waste film.
Lakitu uses as an example of when they decided to film something in Bob-omb Battlefield. Mario prepares himself to sneak up on King Bob-omb at the starting area, and on his way to the bridge, he is distracted by a pebble. Lakitu tells Mario to follow the script by telling him he is wasting film, and Mario sarcastically gives an apology to Lakitu as he continues. Mario takes a Bob-omb and throws it at the Chain Chomp as it explodes, and Lakitu tells Mario to stop goofing off. Mario continues causing mayhem as he tells Lakitu that he just doesn't know how to have fun. Mario then goes into the cannon as the Bob-omb associated with the one he kills comes to attack him due to the murdered Bob-omb being its girlfriend, and Mario shoots himself out of the cannon, only for his aim to have fallen short as he crashes directly into the wall where the path leading to the mountain wraps around, which Mario and Lakitu can only both shout "No" from due to their failure. Lakitu loses himself in his anger when Mario falls all the way down to the bottom, and Mario assures Lakitu that he at least tried to get to the mountain. The scene cuts to Mario being on the mountain to battle King Bob-omb.
Mario proceeds to confront King Bob-omb again as he claims to want a nacho, and sneaks up on him slowly as King Bob-omb comments that his mustache is better than Mario's. King Bob-omb notices Mario and Mario tells him that he came to kill him. During the fight, Mario strategises that he is supposed to go behind King Bob-omb and "touch his butt" to kill him. On his first attempt, Mario ends up nearly falling down the side of the mountain and has to hang on by a ledge, giving King Bob-omb the advantage to pick him up and throw him. While throwing him King Bob-omb declares that he will be having babies with Peach when he finishes off Mario, which Mario declares as the final straw. He starts running around a slow King Bob-omb and calls him old as he effortlessly picks him up, and he boasts for Lakitu's attention upon doing so, leading Lakitu to scold him for going off-script again. Mario throws King Bob-omb on the corner of the cliff, which apparently causes one side of his butt to fall off, and Mario decides to jump over King Bob-omb with a Super Jump while he is being approached, allowing him to pick King Bob-omb up again as Mario asks if he is from Africa. King Bob-omb calls him a racist fat man for his remark and tells him he's actually from Bombasion, which Mario has never actually heard of. Mario starts playing around with King Bob-omb's speed and Lakitu becomes impatient, demanding Mario to kill him, which Mario responds to with "Thanks for the support, Lakitu". Lakitu corrects Mario in that he was actually referring to King Bob-omb for him to kill Mario, which he does just as Mario finally kills King Bob-omb after multiple delays. Mario celebrates his victory and then casually provides a butt-removing service.
In the end
Returning to the front path of the castle, Lakitu remarks on his job overall in that it's worth it due to the payment. Mario approaches Lakitu to tell him that Toad is having a seizure before picking him up and taking him over to the event by force. Lakitu offers Mario to allow him to say goodbye to the viewers, which he does, as Mario attempts to flirt with the girls of the audience again before leaving with Lakitu in hand.
- This is the first video of SuperMarioGlitchy4 to have an introduction.
- Lakitu calls Mario "clumsy and fat." This might have foreshadowed his troubles with Mario in later videos.
- The video mentions a very popular code creator named "Yoshielectron." Yoshielectron is best known for these codes as well as creating some color code generators.
- The joke that Mario tells Toad is a reference to Banjo-Kazooie. Toad also references "Stop 'n' Swop", a scrapped idea that would've enabled a group of items (six eggs and an ice key) to be transferred from that game to its sequel Banjo-Tooie.
- This is the second blooper to reference the "Stop 'n' Swop" from Banjo-Kazooie. The first blooper is "Flashbacks".