Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Mario Quits is the 17th video made by SMG4. In this episode, Mario quits acting out the SM64 bloopers and Lakitu has to look for another person to star in them, which is Luigi.
After being hurt while filming bloopers, Mario gets fed up and quits his job. Lakitu decides to prove that he doesn't need Mario by holding auditions for a new star for the bloopers. Eventually, the choices boil down to Luigi and Yoshi. Lakitu holds a series of tests to determine who will be the star of the show. For the first test, Luigi has to bring back a Chuckya, which he fails. Since the two are failing so badly, Lakitu determines Luigi the new star. Angry, Yoshi begins to beat up Luigi.
Mario gets sick of sitting in his chair and decides to get his job back. He runs back to the castle and runs over to Lakitu to hug him. Mario asks Lakitu if they will still be making another blooper. Lakitu says it will be about Mario dying. Angry, Mario throws Lakitu away.
- Chain Chomp
- Princess Daisy
- Warp Pipe
- Evil Guy
- Peach Toadstool
- This is one of the four bloopers of in which Luigi has a different color palette, which is similar to what he has in the video game Super Smash Bros, which is the dark green overalls.
- Yoshi knows about Karate, using his crippled leg.
- When Luigi and Yoshi are fighting, the animation is in the video game Super Smash Bros. on Nintendo 64.
- A character with a similar palette to Larry Fattman is a reference to Star Wars, emitting the raspy breaths of Star Wars character Darth Vader and telling Lakitu to "join the Dark Side".
- This episode, alongside the next one aired on the same day, so far the only instance in the series that more than one video was aired in one day.