|This is a featured article!
That means it's considered to be one of the best articles the SuperMarioGlitchy4 Wiki has to offer.
Wahoo! Free cake for nothing!
Super Mario 64 Bloopers Short: The Cake Is a Lie! is the first episode to be uploaded by SMG4.
4 characters make their debut in this blooper: Peach Toadstool, Lakitu, Mario, and Toad. It is also SMG4's first overall official video uploaded to his YouTube channel and the beginning of his SM64 Machinima and blooper making Career. It was aired on May 7th, 2011.
Peach's invitation to Mario
Princess Peach sends a letter to Mario about a cake she baked for him. Receiving the letter, Mario enters through the starter Warp Pipe, enthusiastic about the cake, since it's "free cake for nothing". Lakitu attempts to intervene in Mario's journey to the cake, telling him that he's getting fat. Mario attempts to argue against him by saying that it's also what Lakitu's mom said, and Lakitu then leaves. Mario enters the castle, eager to find cake.
Mario's conversation with Toad
Once in the castle, Mario asks Toad if he's seen Peach, and he answers that he hasn't. Mario exclaims that Peach's letter said that she had cake, and Toad confesses to him that she lied, enraging Mario. Toad continues that Peach thought he was getting too fat for the castle Warp Pipe, and tested whether or not he'd fit. Mario insists that the letter said so, and Toad finalizes his statement that the cake was a lie. Mario accuses Toad of lying, and Toad has enough of Mario, shouting to him that the cake was a lie. Dejected, Mario runs out of the castle screaming over him being tricked. Once Toad is out of Mario's hearing range, he calls him a sucker.
Mario takes revenge for the sake of cake
Mario punches the entrance wall to the castle angrily, attempting a threat to take revenge against Peach for lying to him. The threat is weak, and Lakitu comments on it, Mario then telling him to shut up. Walking east of the castle, Mario sees someone in the distance and approaches them. On the wooden bridge, Mario finds out that the figure is Peach, who tries to casually greet him upon his arrival, only for Mario to throw her into the moat upon seeing her as revenge for lying to him about the cake, screaming for a long period. The pressure of his rage then causes Mario to die and convert into a coin. Toad senses his death, and celebrates about it. The episode then ends on a black screen with Lakitu commenting that the footage was good.
- 0:02 - Peach's Message
- 0:13 - Opening
- 1:02 - Lakitu's Message
- 1:14 - Inside The Castle Walls
- 2:30 - Lose a Life - New Super Mario Bros.
- "The Lie that was the Cake that is a Lie" is a remake of this video.
- In "Mario goes to DIDNEY WORL", this video is shown to be SMG4's worst nightmare.
- "10 Year Anniversary Special", as the title suggests, celebrates 10 years since this video was released, albeit a day later. The beginning of the movie has SMG4 recreating the beginning of this video very accurately before the recording is interrupted by a Teletubby delivering a pizza for Mario.
- This blooper is very different from later bloopers for various reasons:
- The size of the screen is small, due to the fact that Luke used a separate screen recording software to record the video within his editing program to get around having a watermark on the finished product.
- A different font is used for the subtitles. This is due to a different editing software being used for only this one video.
- The sound is messed up. It has an echo and is delayed, which was caused by the screen recorder.
- The weird noise made at the beginning of the video is a result of Luke's screen recorder being a trial version.
- This episode establishes that Peach Toadstool is the first character to be seen in the SMG4 series.
- A later SMG4 video called "The Lie that was the Cake that is a Lie" is a remake of this video. However, it is much different and longer than the original video.
- This video was originally called "the lie that was a cake", but the title was changed for unknown reasons.
- This is SMG4's only blooper that he uploaded before he was 12 years old.
- The blooper name is a reference to a meme from the game Portal.
- Mario is the first person in the entire series to die, only to come back the following episode.