|This is a featured article!
That means it's considered to be one of the best articles the SuperMarioGlitchy4 Wiki has to offer.
Super Mario 64 Bloopers Short: The Cake Is a Lie! is the first episode to be uploaded by SMG4.
4 characters make their debut in this blooper: Peach Toadstool, Lakitu, Mario, and Toad. It is also SMG4's first overall official video uploaded to his YouTube channel and the beginning of his SM64 Machinima and blooper making Career. It was aired on May 7th, 2011.
Princess Peach sends a letter to Mario, inviting him to come to her castle and have some cake. Mario arrives, but there is no cake to be found. When he asks Toad where the cake is, the fungus replies, saying that Peach sent him the invitation just to get him to show up. Her intention was to see if Mario, despite being fat, could still fit through the pipe to the castle. Angry for being fooled by Peach, Mario goes outside to find the princess and proceeds to throw her into the castle wall before he explodes. Toad senses that Mario just died and celebrates, while Lakitu comments on how good the footage was.
- 0:02 - Peach's Message
- 0:13 - Opening
- 1:02 - Lakitu's Message
- 1:14 - Inside The Castle Walls
- 2:30 - Lose a Life - New Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: The Lie that was the Cake that is a Lie is a remake of this video.
- In SMG4: Mario goes to DIDNEY WORL, this video is shown to be SMG4's worst nightmare.
- SMG4's 10th Anniversary Special, as the title suggests, celebrates 10 years since this video was released; albeit a day later. The beginning of the movie has SMG4 recreating the beginning of this video very accurately before the recording is interrupted by a Teletubby delivering a pizza for Mario.
- This blooper is very different from later bloopers for various reasons:
- The size of the screen is small, due to the fact that Luke used a separate screen recording software to record the video within his editing program to get around having a watermark on the finished product.
- A different font is used for the subtitles. This is due to a different editing software being used for just this one video.
- The sound is messed up. It has an echo and is delayed. Also caused by the screen recorder.
- A later SMG4 video called "Super Mario 64 Bloopers: The Lie that was the Cake that is a Lie" is a remake of this video. However, it is much different and longer than the original video.
- This video was originally called "the lie that was a cake", but the title was changed for unknown reasons.
- This is SMG4's only blooper that he uploaded before he was 12 years old.
- The blooper name is a reference to a meme from the game Portal.
- The weird noise at the beginning of the video is a result of Luke's screen recorder being a trial version.
- Mario is the first person in the entire series to die, only to come back the following episode.