|This is a featured article!
That means it's considered to be one of the best articles the SuperMarioGlitchy4 Wiki has to offer.
Tubby custard, tubby custard! Tubby custa-.....YOU SON OF A B!TCH!!!!
|—Po in "A Trip to Teletubbyland", and to Barney|
Teletubbies are classic recurring characters in the SMG4 series.
They are creatures who appear in the 1997 British preschool television show of the same name, which is aimed at children from ages one to four.
In their original television series, they are depicted as lovable creatures living together on a field. In SMG4's episodes, however, they are depicted as violent prisoners, criminals, and rapists disguised as a group of innocent and friendly characters. They almost always carry crowbars and are sometimes equipped with machine guns, and very rarely with rocket launchers.
They worship a sun with a baby's face, who is their God, and they like to cause destruction and destroy outsiders. Their pet vacuum is the ever-so nagging Noo-Noo. They all come from Teletubbyland. The red Teletubby, Po, is the most notable member of the Teletubbies in SMG4's videos, as she appears the most. They are often used as minions by villains such as Ztar and Admiral S. Swipe.
Teletubbies have short tempers and get very mad very easily. However, they seem to be very good at sports as shown in SMG4: Stupid Mario Sports Mix, when they happened to be the "professional team" hired by Peach.
The Teletubbies seem to be a gang of terrorists, as they have been seen destroying towns and killing the residents of all other species. Thus, the Teletubby race seems to be incredibly racist. However, after Peach started the Purge, the Teletubbies seem to be more passive and friendly, and do not attack others when unprovoked. According to Ssenmodar 11, they love to roll.
The Teletubies appeared for the first time as a group in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: A Lost Luigi on a picture making the debut for Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Tinky Winky. Po has already made an appearance prior to this blooper.
The Teletubbies made their first major appearance in the blooper "A Trip to Teletubby Land", attacking Mario whenever they saw him. Their second major appearance was "Tubbie TV", where they break into Mario's house, tie him to a chair, and force him to watch their show. Usually, in other bloopers, they attempt to kill people and kiss Luigi. In more recent bloopers, they are often used as employees or servants, such as the Po clones working for Nintendo.
They are the main villains of the Lost City of Gold two-parter, specifically their leader. Compared to other Teletubbies, they seem to be more primitive.
Where to Find Them
Most Teletubbies live in Teletubbyland, but some live in the Lost City of Gold, like the Mayans, they are primitive with everything made out of gold. Some live on "Planet Tubbie", a planet shaped like a teletubby head. They are civilized with houses, stock markets, machines to make Tubby Custard and a daily ritual to make more Teletubbies.
In SMG4's videos only
- Tubby Wonka
- Tubbie Leader
- Miss Tubby
- Dr. Robotnik (Teletubby)
- Mario's Four Emotions
- Tubby Bison
- The Tubby Custard Salesman
- Blue Teletubbie
- Orange Teletubbie
- Mr. Goobles
- Po is the first Teletubby to ever being introduced when she made her debut in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ (1,000 Subs).
- Their singular name "Teletubby" is often misspelled as "Teletubbie" by SMG4 as well as other people. It's because the name in plural "Teletubbies" is more known that the name in singular. So they have forgotten that a name in "-ies" in plural is in "-y" in singular. Outside of SMG4's videos "Teletubby(ies)" is sometimes misspelled as "Telytubby(ies)".
- Po, the red Teletubby, is the one who appears the most in SMG4's videos. She is a girl, but in SMG4's video, she has many masculine traits and voice clips. SM64: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 8 (150k special) and SMG4: Mario's Valentine Advice confirm that she is indeed female as she was in her original series.
- The Teletubbies are occasionally considered as bears by some people in SMG4's bloopers.
- The background used for Teletubbyland is in fact Ponyville from the Canadian-American animated drama-fantasy musical-comedy adventure-family science-fiction TV series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- Their favorite foods are Tubby Custard and Tubby Toast. The former is often shown or mentioned in SMG4's bloopers.
- Teletubbies only like themselves and the other Teletubbies. They hate everyone else.
- Their preferred God is the Sun Baby, a Sun with a baby face.
- Outside SMG4's videos, Teletubbies aren't able to talk very well, but in SMG4's bloopers, they can often talk normally, though they still have a habit of saying "Eh oh!"
- In the video "A Trip to Teletubby Land" Po stated that Teletubbies were animals. They were later called "giant creepy teddy bears" in "Tubbie TV".
- In SMG4's bloopers, there are in fact more than 4 Teletubbies in the world, so there are several clones of the same person (several versions of Po for example).
- In the actual show, the Teletubbies are friends with a vacuum cleaner robot named Noo-Noo. Noo-Noo first appeared in Tubbie TV.
- In the show, the Teletubbies are different sizes, with Tinky Winky being the biggest, and Po being the smallest. But in SMG4's videos, they are all the same size because that's how users on the Garry's Mod Steam Workshop who uploaded these model addons made them to be.
- There has been a lot of creepypasta and controversy about the theme of the Teletubbies, such being that it is about slavery and the end of human evolution, or the end of the world.
- Tinky Winky is believed to be gay, mostly because his favorite accessory is a (red) handbag (which isn't seen in SMG4's videos), as his triangle is the symbol of gay pride and the purple color is also the color of gays. In SMG4's videos, Tinky Winky also is somehow connected to the Illuminati, as shown in the video "Cooking with Bowser and Mario 2!
- A white Teletubby appeared in R64: Mario for Hire., however this is actually Dipsy whose green color was blended in with the greenscreen.
- They get many nicknames such as "Gay not so friendly bears" by Chris, "Creepy teddy bears" by the Angry Indian Guy and "Gummy bears" by the Ztar.
- They actually can be nice, since Po saved Peach in Super Mario 64 Halloween 2013: Luigi's Retarded Mansion.
- Teletubbies are Gmod ragdolls owned by BBC, Ragdoll Productions, and DHX Media.
- In War of the Fat Italians 2015, there is an appearance of a yellow Teletubby known as Weird Old Man Laa-Laa, who claims to be a fifteen year old girl and asks SMG4 if he wants to cyber.