|This is a featured article!
That means it's considered to be one of the best articles the SuperMarioGlitchy4 Wiki has to offer.
STAHP RIGHT THERE!
The Royal Mushroom Kingdom Police (RMKP), better known simply as The Police (with fans referring to the original designs as the N64 Police or 1337 Police, and the current designs as GMOD Police), are classic recurring characters in the SMG4 series. They are the resident law enforcement faction of the Mushroom Kingdom.
They are primarily blue recolors of Mario that serve as the residential and uniformed federal law enforcement in the Mushroom Kingdom. Whenever they appear, it is often out of nowhere and proclaim "STAHP RIGHT THERE!!" upon doing so. They are often portrayed as being the enemies of Yoshi, as he regularly commits tax fraud. The policemen are notable for their overly violent behavior when handling crimes. Actually, The Anime Secret Service arrests people that have anime in SMG4: Mario's Illegal Operation but not the police officers.
Due to this, their actions come off as less like justice and more like police brutality, breaking the law and police protocol numerous times very much like criminals they're hired to stop themselves, but with the power of law enforcement behind them. They're also very stupid and gullible, as they will arrest anyone who commits a crime, even if it is accidental, or for a good reason, as well as believe the worst of the particular criminal they are arresting. An example is in Mario Simulator Interactive. If Mario chooses to ride the kart to catch up to Bowser, one of the cops pulls him over and rather than give him a speeding ticket, immediately argues with the plumber and prepares to arrest him without even letting Mario explain himself. Another example is in A Lost Luigi, where some other cop deems Luigi a criminal due to his felonies (despite most of the crimes that Luigi committed in the episode being an accident) as well as his mustache being “suspicious”, and after failing to catch the green plumber, exaggerates the events of the chase and deems Luigi a dangerously insane criminal who must be put down at all costs.
They also have a liking for donuts, a common stereotype for policemen. In fact, some of the reasons why they arrest or attack the main cast (as well as give an exaggerated 5-star wanted level) is due to them either ruining (In R64: Stupid Mario Kart, Fishy Boopkins accidentally ran over a cop's donut) or stealing their donuts (In SMG4: If Mario was in... Deltarune, Mario stole Officer Undyne's donut, which resulted in her getting so mad that she gave him a 5-star wanted level and called the military on him).
They appear in a number of SMG4's videos, occasionally as antagonists. The policeman's color code is blue all over, except his skin which is left at the default color, however, as of SMG4: The Mario Café, they use a new custom model resembling normal policemen. Some of them are shipping police officers, as shown in SMG4: Mario Preschool.
In later seasons, the N64 police models have been abandoned in favour of more humanoid policeman with models from Garry's Mod. Hal Monitor is the chief police officer in Season 10 and became a prominent recurring policemen character, and Meggy Spletzer is a rookie officer as of SMG4: Officer Meggy. Melony is also a deputy chief in SMG4: Cooking with Mario & Bowser: World Tour.
In SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special, the SM64 variants reappear as lifeless zombified versions using their classic designs for the first time in about three years. They join the rest of the recolored Mario zombies as part of Zero's attempts to stop SMG1 and SMG2 from quarantining him. One is seen being sliced apart by Melony while he, along with other recolors, tried to kill Axol, and another is seen getting into a slapping competition with Tari. They return to normal along with the rest of the recolors.
The classic design takes the form of Mario's N64 model colored fully in blue, with only their yellow buttons remaining and their hair and skin being the same as Mario's. In more recent episodes, their models are more detailed, with a black police cap, a leather waist bag, white gloves, black shoes, and a golden police badge.
The modern design can take many different forms, but all primarily revolve around realistic human models, animated with Garry's Mod. They can also take on different species if the plot calls for it. For example, Penguin policemen (or women) appear in order to capture a killer baby penguin in SMG4: Little Penguin Lost, and in SMG4: Mario's Corn Trip, Bob and Rob were chased by bear policemen after they accidentally committed a "hit-and-run" on a regular grizzly bear.
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Thugger Hugger
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: A Murder Without Peach
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Party Rock Prisoners
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Awkward Weddings
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: 0% of Spaghetti
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: My Best Friend Slenderman
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: A Lost Luigi
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: The Mystery Of The Missing White And Blue
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Hotel Mario
- Super Mario 64 Short - Mario Swag
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Spaghetti Law.
- 101 Ways for Mario to Die (The Right Way!) 50,000 subs!
- R64: Mario Goes Shopping
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Free Lunch for Mario
- R64: Idiot karts 101
- R64: the 1337 p0lice
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Birthday Freakout.
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Super Mario Attorney
- Super Pokeman 64: WELCOME TO POKEMANS!
- R64: A Dose of Dr. Mario
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: %99% Beroken
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars
- Super Pokeman 64: GYMS AND BADGES
- The Wacky Wario Bros.: The Winning Ticket.
- SM64: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 7 (TOAST edition)
- Sonic the derphog: Eggventure (GET IT!?)
- SM64: Meet the Mario.
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: SwagQuest
- R64: Mario for Hire.
- Sonic The Derphog: The Evilness Of Eggman(?)
- The Wacky Wario Bros.: Money Mayhem
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: The Visitor. (2014)
- SM64: HalloWeegee Special 2014
- R64: Freddy's spaghettiria
- SM64: The Retardness of 2014
- R64: Son of a bowser.
- SM64 Bloopers: Can the Villager come out to play?
- R64: the Toad, the Fat and the Ugly.
- R64: Princess Capturing Simulator.
- Mario Simulator Interactive! (500k Subscribers)
- SM64 Bloopers: Shy Guy Showdown
- SM64: Cooking with mario and bowser 3!
- Grand Theft Mario - If Mario was in... GTA V
- SM64: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 0 - Release the Retardness!
- SM64 Christmas 2015 - Christmas Crazies
- R64: The Spaghettipocalypse
- SM64: Meet the Bowser
- SM64 Guides: How to Get a Valentine! (Valentine's Special)
- Mariotale - If Mario was in...Undertale.
- SM64: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 11 (800K Special)
- The Wacky Wario Bros.: Waluigi Origins
- SM64 Guides: How to Get dem Coins.
- SM64: War Of The Fat Italians 2016 (900k Special)
- R64: Mario the Olympian
- DerpTV: Mushroom Kingdom's Got Talent
- SM64: Super Mario RUN RUN RUN!
- The Mario Channel: MARIOBUSTERS
- R64: Stupid Mario Kart
- Mario VS Sonic: PRANK BATTLE
- SMG4: Mario VS Donkey Kong
- SMG4 Halloween 2017: Trick Or Treat Wars
- SMG4: The Movie Audition
- SMG4 Christmas 2017: The XMAS Discovery
- Guards N' Retards: The Vacation
- SMG4: Mario's Dangerous Delivery
- SMG4: Mario Preschool
- SMG4: The Mario Café
- SMG4: Mario and the Waluigi Apocalypse
- SMG4 Christmas 2018: The Most Important Thing
- SMG4: Mario's Big Chungus Hunt
- SMG4: Super Challenge 64
- SMG4: Mario's Prison Escape
- SMG4: The Japan Trip
- SMG4: 3 MILLION SUB FAN COLLABORATION!
- SMG4: Wario Tries To Stop Himself From Dying
- SMG4: SMG4 🅴🆇🅿🅰🅽🅳🆂 His Brain
- SMG4: The Corn Trip
- SMG4: If Mario Was In... Cyberpunk 2077
- SMG4 2020 COLLAB SPECIAL
- SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special
- Mario Reacts To CURSED Nintendo Commercials
- SMG4 Christmas Special 2021
Royal Mushroom Kingdom Coast Guard (RMKCG)
This division patrols the coastal areas of the Mushroom Kingdom, to combat piracy within their waters.
Anime Secret Service (ASS) (disbanded)
This former division was created in the wake of the anime ban during the first part of The Anime Arc. Their mission at that time was to stop the distribution of anime/manga related materials. In the second part, they fought against the Anime Cartel during the Battle of Anime Island.
Royal Mushroom Kingdom National Guard (RMKNG)
Royal Mushroom Kingdom Harbor Patrol (RMKHP)
This division patrols the harbors and ports in the Mushroom Kingdom.
Royal Mushroom Kingdom Sheriff's Department (RMKSD)
Royal Mushroom Kingdom Border Patrol (RMKBP)
This division patrols the Mushroom Kingdom's borders, most importantly the borders of Sarasaland, Eagleland, and the city-state of Inkopolis. It also acts as a customs agency, with officers standing at the security check at the Mushroom Kingdom-Metro International Airport.
Royal Mushroom Kingdom Park Ranger Division (RMKPRD)
This division patrols the Mushroom Kingdom's national parks and nature reserves.
The Shipping Police
Appears in SMG4: Mario Preschool, who appears to stop any illegal shippings.
Los Santos Police Department (L.S.P.D.)
They are the police force in Grand Theft Mario - If Mario was in... GTA V and the police around the city of Los Santos and the territory of San Andreas. They were hunting Mario for multiple crimes that he committed which were: Homicide, killing someone's turtle, Setting some dude on fire, Driving under the influence, Shooting at random people, Blowing up a convenience store, and Public nudity. At the end of the episode they were successful capturing Mario, Franklin, Michael, and Trevor by wasting them and putting them behind bars.
- In Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Crime Time, they mostly appear as Garry's Mod models.
- The policemen are a homage to Sgt. Anous (played by Ian Hecox) of Smosh fame, even using the same voice clips of the latter.
- The Policemen have a new custom model as of The Mario Cafe.
- They revert back to their classic designs as of SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special.
- They were prominent in Mario Preschool, where they arrested six of the main cast members (except Bob), and Yoshi.
- The recolored Marios and GMOD humans are not the only members in the Police Force. There are also Penguins who are police officers, primarily serving in the mountainous, icy snowy areas in the Mushroom Kingdom, who are part of the Sheriff's Department, as seen in SMG4: Little Penguin Lost.
- Since the episode SMG4: Officer Meggy, their appearances may have been affected alongside Hal Monitor, likely due to the drama.
- This could be a parody of the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) in Canada