Now, if you excuse me, I have a world to destroy!
|—Ztar's most famous line.|
Ztar is a minor antagonist/character in the SMG4 series.
It is an evil star imbued with dark power created by SMG3 and Bowser. It is the main antagonist of Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars and SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special. It is one of the darkest antagonists of the series, due to its sheer destructive malice and immense dark power.
In SMG4's videos, they first appear in "super mario 64 bloopers: Bad stars." One day, SMG3 was taking a walk, when SMG4 chucked a book out the window and hit him. The book told a story about an evil star, giving him the idea to make a Ztar.
SMG3 tells Bowser about his idea, and the two are about to create it. But a Toad appears and runs into the Ztar while it is being created and fuses with it. Soon, the Ztar gets out of control and starts turning all of the other Stars into Ztars. Mario and SMG4 notice that something is off and go outside, and after SMG4 sees Bowser and SMG3 sneaking around, he realizes that they had something to do with this, and demands them to fix it.
Bowser and SMG3 decide to create a Good Star to defeat the Ztar. The Good Star gets fused with an old man, and after SMG3 distracts the Ztar, they fire the Good Stars at it. The Good Star then proceeds to seduce the Ztar, and tries to kiss him, causing Ztar to run away. SMG4 and Mario fire Toad at the Ztar, which causes the Ztar to switch from Toad personality and Ztar personality, which leads to him glitching out and exploding. SMG3 and SMG4 then proceed to tie the Ztar up on a boat, and ship him away with the Good Star.
The Ztar then makes a return in "SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special" where it frees itself from its original boat trip 10 months after he was sent on it. He proceeds to cause mayhem, causing a secret service to kidnap Mario and SMG4 to save the world. The two confront the bad star several times before it is defeated by the combined efforts of Toad, Mario, and the Good Star. He was last seen going into a portal created by the Good Star where they both disappeared along with a plate of spaghetti.
It makes a cameo appearance in "Sonic the Derphog: The Item Brick" as an item given by an Item Block from (from the Mario universe) that is the major object of the plot.
It returns in "SMG4: 3 MILLION SUB FAN COLLABORATION!" as a cameo appearance in RedclawedProductions entry.
He appears in "SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special" when SMG4 and Mario are on a trip to invite people, he is seen in space.
Ztar is violent, aggressive and slightly snarky. His only goal is to collect all the stars and destroy the universe, not showing mercy for anyone or anything. However in rare instances he's shown a more tame side on his personality, dressing up in clothes and playing golf in space. The Toad part of Ztar likes to annoy his evil alter and is arguably insane.
Ztar's appearance is that of a normal Star but just black and with red eyes, but mostly seen like this other appearances and cameos show him with stuff like a thong or ribbon. His toad form has a toad box replacing the eyes, as well as that he has his candyman tophat from SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special.
Powers and abilities
- Electrokinesis: Ztar has the ability of electricity, as seen in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, while singing the song Candyman Can, by going to person to person electrocuting each. This is one of his strongest abilities, as he can do it in a breeze.
- Star Absorption: Ztar can absorb stars, as seen in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, while singing the song candy man, they absorb many stars to get this much power.
- Star Inversion: Ztar can change stars into Ztar's. This was seen in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars. This seems to be a normal base ability that Ztar can use normally.
- Reality Warping: The biggest sighting of this was seen in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars, when he destroys the sun, giving him solar like reality warping.
- Lasers: There are many sightings of this power being used: In Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars, he shoots three lasers at a blue Mario Recolor, and another siting of this power in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, when he shoots Good Star, while saying "TASTE THE RAINBOW MOTHER FUCKA”, being a fairly strong ability as it sent Good Star flying.
- Pyrokinesis: This is shown in Ztar's debut episode Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars. While SMG3 is running from him, Bowser comes running with a chainsaw, but Ztar easily shoots one fire ball that teleports bowser in a different direction, making him fall into water.
- Teleportation: Ztar can easily teleport people via fireballs.
- Super Speed: This is shown in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars when in seconds they fly from Bowser's place to the Mushroom Kingdom in seconds.
- Super Durability: This is shown how in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars, and SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, they survive SMG4’s "CANNON PEEEENIS” over five times. This also counts as a speed feat, with how they dodged things at cannon like speeds.
- Meteor Shower: This is in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, of how they brang down a bunch of small meteors down at great speed.
- Flight: This is self explanatory.
- Telekinesis: This is shown how they hold a cane in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special without any arms. It is possible that they have telekinesis.
- Sky Changing: They can change the sky red. This might be because they are a star and have some sort of light warping abilities, since it’s shown they have star absorption.
- Transformation: This is shown in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, where they turn into a giant with arms and legs while singing Candy man can.
- Sky Inverting: This is shown when they turn everything into a reverse and inverted version for a bit of time in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars.
- Size Alteration: This is shown in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, when they grow as big as entire buildings when shooting lasers. Also as well in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars, when they turn bigger than SMG3.
- Vacuum Adaptation: This is shown in SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special, as a cameo just flying in space.
- Possession: This is more of telling the body of the star isn’t really Ztar, however, it’s a thing possessing the star.
- Telekinetic Aura: In SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, Mario jumps up to Ztar, flying in his presence.
- Great Defense: This is a scale to Good Star, who is weaker then Ztar, who got thrown by SMG4 fastly in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, while painted as yellow, spinning around and around.
- Immortality: Ztar states in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special that he’s immortal, which is shown that he survrived even while being glitched out by a toad.
- 4th Wall Abilities: Talking at the end of Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars, while at the outro, which like how the Mario in Real Life Series were like, maybe hinting at him having this ability.(citation needed)
- Instant Knowledge: This is shown at the end of Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars, He exactly knows about YouTube instantly and knows where he is, also shown with how he instantly knows how to use his abilities, even with his star form.
- Toad Side: Ztar has a alternate personality in most episodes. Toad Ztar is seen as a hinderence to his plans.
- Ztars are actual items in the Mario franchise with their first appearance dating back to Mario Party.
- Ztar, Waluigi, 7 Grand Dad and Dr. Kawashima/God, Matt, Shaggy, SMG0 and Susan Wojcicki are the most powerful characters in SMG4 universe, except that Ztar, could be stronger then Susan, and Dr. Kawashima, mostly because of them destroying the sun, and having 4th wall awareness.
- He appears in the promotional poster for SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special, being held by SMG3.
- Despite a few comedic moments (which come from his toad personality), Ztar could considered as one of, if not the darkest villains in the SMG4 series, alongside Francis, Ernie, and Zero. This is due to the fact that, while most other villains in the SMG4 universe want to either take over the world, enact revenge upon a certain character, use their villainy for outlandish goals or simply just try to kill a certain character, Ztar wanted to flat-out destroy the world. Alongside this, he also takes great sadistic pleasure in causing destruction and uses extreme and brutal methods to kill his opponents.
- Ztar's are shown to be a species, as shown in the book that was used to make Ztar, meaning other Ztar's were made by people earlier in time, but the star book disproves this saying (but none have been ever seen).
- Ztar is one of the SMG4 characters who have the most powers, with over 22 abilities.
- Ztar, can warp paintings with stars on them, which shows how much his Star Inversion can do.
- Ztars, actual abilities are close to the effects of a normal Nintendo Ztar, with decreasing the star count, also the Dark Star, Looks quite similar to Ztar, like they both have red eyes, as well as how Ztar was formed within a fusion like ball, and Dark Star is in a spike ball.
- The sound clip for his first line: "HELLO THERE BOYS," is later used as the Oof Buttons' catchphrase.
- Ztar is voiced by WhiteTongue897.