Now, if you excuse me, I have a world to destroy!
|—Ztar's most famous line.|
Ztar is a minor antagonist/character in the SMG4 series.
It is an evil star imbued with dark power created by SMG3 and Bowser. It is the main antagonist of Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars and SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special. It is one of the darkest antagonists of the series, due to its sheer destructive malice and immense dark power.
Ztar's appearance is that of a normal Star but just black and with red eyes, but mostly seen like this other appearances and cameos show him with stuff like a thong or ribbon. His toad form has a toad box replacing the eyes, as well as that he has his candyman tophat from SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special.
In "Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars" SMG3 was taking a walk, when SMG4 chucked a book out the window and hit him. The book told a story about an evil star, giving him an idea. So he went to Bowser to create it... but a Toad appears out of nowhere and runs into the Star while it is being created and fuses with it. When SMG4 sees the Ztar, he demands the two idiots fix the problem, so they make a good star to defeat it. The Good Star and the bad star duel, but Ztar runs for it. So SMG4 and Mario shoot Toad at it, making it explode. The Ztar exclaims they can't kill him because he is immortal, so the blooper ends with the Ztar tied up on a boat with the good star, floating away.
It reappears in "Sonic The Derphog: The Evilness Of Eggman(?)" in which he wears a bikini and a ribbon (showing he's gay) in which he tries to be sexy to SMG3, causing SMG3 to be in shock and burn his eyes.
It also makes a cameo in "SM64: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 9 - Time travel edition" when MarioMario54321 is sparkling before loading the pingas launcher. Ztar can be seen floating over his head for a couple of seconds.
It also makes a cameo appearance in "SM64: The Retardness of 2014".
It plays a major role in "SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special" where it frees itself from its original boat trip 10 months after he was sent on it. He proceeds to cause mayhem, causing a secret service to kidnap Mario and SMG4 to save the world. The two confront the bad star several times before it is defeated by the combined efforts of Toad, Mario, and the Good Star. He was last seen going into a portal created by the Good Star where they both disappeared along with a plate of spaghetti.
It makes a cameo appearance in "Sonic the Derphog: The Item Brick" as an item given by an Item Block from (from the Mario universe) that is the major object of the plot.
It returns in "SMG4: 3 MILLION SUB FAN COLLABORATION!" as a cameo appearance in RedclawedProductions entry.
He appears in "SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special" when SMG4 and Mario are on a trip to invite people, he is seen in space.
Powers And Abilities
- Electrokinesis: Ztar, has the ability of electricity, as seen in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, while singing the song Candyman Can, by going to person to person electrocuting each, this is one of his most strong abilities, showing as he can do it in a breeze.
- Star Absorption: Ztar, can absorb stars, as seen in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, while singing the song candy man, they absorb many stars to get this much power.
- Star Invertion: This Mr. Black Star, can change stars into Ztar's, this was seen in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars, this seems as a normal base ability that Ztar can use normally.
- Reality Warping: The biggest sighting of this, was seen in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars, when he destroys the sun, giving him solar like reality warping.
- Lasers: There are many sightings of this power being used, in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars he shoots three lasers, at a blue Mario Recolor, and another siting of this power in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, when he shoots Good Star, while saying "TASTE THE RAINBOW MOTHER FUCKA”, this is a fairly strong ability, sending Good Star, flying!
- Pyrokinesis: This is shown in Ztar's debut episode Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars, while SMG3 is running from him, Bowser comes running! With a chainsaw, but Ztar easily shoots one fire ball, that teleports bowser in a different direction making him fall into water.
- Teleportation: This is explained above.
- Super Speed: This is shown in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars when in seconds they fly from Bowser's place to the mushroom kingdom in seconds, and also as well as they are made out of light, it might not be a stretch to give them light speed.
- Super Durability: This is shown, how in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars, and SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, they survive SMG4’s "CANNON PEEEENIS”, over five times, this also counts as a speed feat, with how they dodged things at cannon like speeds.
- Meteor Shower: This is in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, how they brang down a bunch of small meteors down at great speeds.
- Flight: This is self explanatory, but for some things they can fly since they have no arms or legs.
- Telekinesis: This is shown, how they hold a cane in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, without any arms, it might be since they have telekinesis.
- Sky Changing: They can change the sky red, this might be since they are a star and have some sort of light warping abilities since it’s shown they have star Absorption.
- Transformation: This is shown in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, while singing Candy man can, they turn into a giant with arms and legs.
- Sky Invertion: this is shown when they turn everything into a reverse and inverted version for a bit of time in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars.
- Size Alteration: This is shown, in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, when they turn as big as entire buildings shooting lasers, also as well in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars, when they turn bigger then SMG3.
- Vacuum Adaptation: This is shown in SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special, as a cameo Ztar is in space just flying.
- Possession: This is more of a telling, the body of the star, isn’t really Ztar, it’s a thing possessing the star.
- Telekinetic Aura: In SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, Mario jumps up to Ztar, flying in his presence.
- Great Defense: This is a scale to Good Star, who is weaker then Ztar, who got thrown by SMG4 fastly, in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, while painted as yellow, spinning around and around.
- Immortality: Ztar, states in SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special, that he’s immortal, which is shown seeing that even while being glitched out by a toad he survives it.
- 4th Wall Abilities: Talking at the end of Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars, while at the outro, which like how the Mario in Real Life Series were like, maybe hinting at him having this ability?
- Instant Knowledge: This is shown at the end of Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars, He exactly knows about YouTube instantly and instantly knows where he is, also shown with how he instantly knows how to use his abilities, even with his star form.
- Ztars are actual items in the Mario franchise with their first appearance dating back to Mario Party.
- Ztar, Waluigi, 7 Grand Dad and Dr. Kawashima/God, and Susan Wojcicki are the most powerful characters in SMG4 universe, except that Ztar, could be stronger then Susan, and Dr. Kawashima, mostly because of them destroying the sun, and having 4th wall awareness.
- He appears in the promotional poster for SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special, being held by SMG3.
- Despite a few comedic moments (which come from his toad personality), Ztar could considered as one of, if not the darkest villains in the SMG4 series, alongside Francis, Ernie, and Zero. This is due to the fact that, while most other villains in the SMG4 universe want to either take over the world, enact revenge upon a certain character, use their villainy for outlandish goals or simply just try to kill a certain character, Ztar wanted to flat-out destroy the world. Alongside this, he also takes great sadistic pleasure in causing destruction and uses extreme and brutal methods to kill his opponents.
- Ztar's are shown to be a species, as shown in the book that was used to make Ztar, meaning other Ztar's were made by people earlier in time, but the star book disproves this saying (but none have been ever seen).
- Ztar, is one of the SMG4 Characters, who have the most powers, over 22 abilities.
- Ztar, can warp paintings with stars on them, which shows how much his Star Invertion can do.
- Ztars, actual abilities are close to the effects of a normal Nintendo Ztar, with decreasing the star count, also the Dark Star, Looks quite similar to Ztar, like they both have red eyes, as well as how Ztar was formed within a fusion like ball, and Dark Star is in a spike ball.
- The sound clip for his first line: "HELLO THERE BOYS," is later used as the Oof Buttons' catchphrase.